After years of working in the ER, our team of experienced emergency medical providers decided to create a better alternative to traditional emergency rooms where patients are subjected to long waits in crowded waiting rooms, only to receive rushed and impersonal service.
Our urgent care facility is clean, safe, and comfortable with state of the art equipment. We offer extended and weekend hours and are happy to treat patients without the need for an appointment or referral.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in a fast paced, paperless environment. Tasks would include provide and manager direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment.
As an urgent care we see mostly lower acuity patients but we are a patient centric, modern company focused on providing patients with excellent medical care.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment.
- Triage patients to differentiate between immediate and less urgent care.
- Manage patients thoroughly and efficiently, maintaining a continuous patient flow and avoiding long wait times.
- Order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests; and interpret test results.
- Perform digital blocks, and regional anesthesia. Perform minor outpatient surgical procedures such as wound closure and management, incision and drainage, foreign body removal.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as aspirations and injection of joints, bursas, and cysts. Start IV fluids. Perform closed reductions of fractures and dislocations of fingers/toes and nursemaid’s elbows. Apply and modify braces, splints, and other orthopedic appliances.
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
- Communicate patient needs, diagnosis, and course of treatment to the patient, company, as well as other clinical staff and instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions if applicable.
- Review and manage daily tasks, patient callbacks, lab results while on shift.
In conjunction with the duties and responsibilities of a clinician, the lead clinician, will also perform the following but not limited to:
- Interview and train new hires.
- Keep resources for clinicians at your site up to date and coordinate continuing education opportunities
- All performance audits and evaluations of clinicians on a monthly basis
- Complete incentive reports monthly
- Respond to patient and staff complaints regarding clinicians.
- Manage clinician schedule at your site, including making sure there is a full schedule with no holes
- Attend all administrative meetings
- Send out communications to staff with updates, trainings, etc.
- Coordinate one-on-one meetings with clinicians at your site
- Evaluate new platforms and products and oversee training for clinicians
- Coordinate mentoring of NP/PA students
- Follow all policies and procedures of Direct Urgent Care, including Code of Conduct
In order to fulfill the requirement of interviewing, training, evaluating and meeting with clinicians, you will need to be available either remote or on site at your home clinic for at least 5 hours of admin work a week. You will also need to be available to travel to other clinics for administrative meetings as needed.
- Labs: strep, mono, flu swab, urine dip, urine pregnancy, iStat
- Full X-ray services with radiologist interpreting studies
- Oral/IM/IV medications including antibiotics and narcotics
- IVF fluid
- Outpatient (non-narcotic) medications available for sale
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a Medical/Master’s degree and certification
- Must have and maintain a medical license to practice in the state of California
- Must have and maintain a controlled substance license along with a DEA license with no restrictions
- Must have a confirmed ACLS and PALS license within 6 months of hire
- Must have at least 1 year of urgent care or emergency medicine experience
- Must have at least 1 year of leadership experience
Benefits and Perks
Direct Urgent Care offers competitive pay, advancement opportunities and benefits.
Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance, paid time off, and a company-matching pre-tax 401K plan.
Full time clinicians are eligible for reimbursement of up to $1k per year for expenses related to continuing medical education .
Part-time employees are eligible for paid time off and a company-matching pre-tax 401K plan.
Direct Urgent Care has a corporate gym membership with 24 hour fitness: All of our employees can join 24 hour fitness and their initiation fee will be waived! Your membership dues will be deducted from your regular paycheck and you will have access to over 425 locations and 24 Life e-magazine.